How to Ask a Girl on a Date
You’re probably doing it wrong. Here, let me help you.
Avoid questions like “what are you doing Friday?” or “would you like to go out sometime?” or worse, assertions like “let me know what you’re doing this weekend” or “we should hang out sometime.” She may not know if you are asking her on a date at all, and it’s hard to agree to this anyway. You will flatter her and make it easy for her to say yes by being clear and specific.
Ask her to a predetermined event (like a concert, opening night show, or invite-only party) that, unlike a movie or a meal, she couldn’t just as easily attend casually with friends. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just interesting and cool (i.e. memorable).
Try to have an ‘in’ with this event (great seats, expertise on the subject, have seen it before, know the host) instead of just being a regular attendee. This will make you more confident and comfortable, improve the experience, and make it clear to her that she’s your guest… otherwise you may drift back into the friend zone.
- Make sure the girl is single, knows who you are, and is receptive to you, even if you’re not sure if she likes you yet.
- Learn about her interests and style.
- Find an apropos event that you are absolutely certain she would like.
- If she says she’s not going, tell her you have a +1/extra ticket, then—without pausing—ask her if she wants to join you.
If she’s already going, you can’t use this for your date, but you can say either:
A) ”Nice, do you want to grab dinner or a drink first?” then repeat Step 3 in a few days. (note: this is ‘meeting up’ and not a date)
B) ”Nice, I’ll probably see you there!” then repeat Step 3 next week.
If you try this again and she says she’s going to the next cool event, then she is probably awesome and you should step up your game.
22 Notes/ Hide
- georgebourazanas likes this
- sarahkathleenpeck reblogged this from mrgn
- sarahkathleenpeck likes this
- meanzuga likes this
- 4squickly likes this
- mrjeremyfisher likes this
- melanjolly likes this
- benjamincano likes this
- jwby likes this
- byalicelee likes this
- hve23 likes this
- lauraglu said: This reminds me of quora.com/What-ar… albeit in a nicer way. You should post it to quora though!
- oats said: kudos for sharing your perspective! more open dating talk = more happy couples
- oats likes this
- aminatou likes this
- mytangent likes this
- vivekpreddy likes this
- 365daysincolorado likes this
- lawzenge likes this
- mrgn posted this